3.08.2007

to pump or not to pump, that is the question.

So, I’m torn. I’ve been breast pumping for the past seven and a half months. For those of you who don’t know my story, my son never latched on. In fact, he never wanted anything to do with my boob, at all. I wanted so badly to breastfeed, it seemed so easy and convenient. Well, not for mister tyler. I started pumping thanks to extremely painful engorgement and continued trying to get him to latch on for 6 weeks. In hopes Tyler would actually latch on, I didn’t think investing in a better pump was worth it. I was using an Avent manual pump. That was my first mistake. After the stress of traveling to Houston and back, my milk supply was well on its way to hardly anything. By the time Tyler was 2 months old, we were supplementing with formula. By the time he was 6 months old, he was mostly formula fed. So now that Tyler is getting close to 8 months old, I’m wondering if its worth the effort to squeeze out a bottle’s worth of BM a day, if I’m lucky. I’ve tried every way, shape, and form of tincture, tea, or routine to increase my supply and it wont budge. So, is it worth it? I don’t know. I was hoping to keep supplying some form of breast milk for a year until he can hopefully move onto cow’s milk. I want to do what is best for the little man. Being formula fed doesn’t seem to have affected his growth or intelligence. Oh well, I’ll keep pumping for today.

In other news, I’m working on my own pattern for a pouch to include in my “mama bag”. My original plan was for a 3 zippered pouch that kinda looked mod. Now, its turning out a little more funky. I need to go by different length zippers though. I thought I would have 3 compartments all the same length with the height being different, now they’re all different sizes. I’m liking where its going so far. I am also working on a felt photo album cover for my grandmother for mother’s day. I wanted her to photograph her quilts. I think it will be a super keepsake for me when she * gasp * is no longer on this planet. So I’m going to buy her some disposable cameras and make her a cute album. My plan so far is quilt some very simple felt blocks together and maybe scrap a front page honoring her masterpieces that will be documented inside. I’m excited. I feel quite creative lately.

Speaking of sewing, my patterns and fabric from fabric.com are coming tomorrow. I’m so excited!!!! Hum. Go figure. I get excited about fabric now. That’s interesting. Oh well, from scrapbooking to painting, I’ve always enjoyed “crafting”. This is just my newest obsession. I finally got to a place in my other hobbies where I can put them on the back burner and dedicate my spare (HA!) time to sewing. Fun. Fun. Fun.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

wooohooo for Fabric.com ;) I could seriously go nuts listing which fabrics I love... LOL but you know, those 3 top the list :D

Im drugged up on ambien and must find the off button for this cmputer. 'night! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails