11.12.2008

you're always on my mind.

ok, so, there has been a lot of claims that i have been on some sort of drug lately. apparently its the only way to explain why i would have offered to host thanksgiving this yea. whatever.

none the less, i've been thinking about it a lot. i mean, it is only a couple weeks away. i want to make sure its a nice day. it is, in fact, husband's favorite holiday. i think it has something to do with the yummy foods and lack of gift giving. anywho, so i have seating figured out, i'm working on a meal plan (because turkey and dressing need more explaining), the house is covered in pumpkins, and i have a stash of wine that shouldnt be allowed within 10miles of the local AA meeting. the only thing left is to order one of these pans.


cute! now i just need to figure out a cakelet recipe for it. i was thinking something not too sweet. maybe even cornbread. cornbread with maple pumpkin butter. eh? no? leave a comment then with your bright ideas, mister smartie pants!

anywho, its back to the papercutting salt mines for me. ACK! paper cuts in a salt mine? no thanks!

5 comments:

A Free Man said...

I looove Thanksgiving. Trying to figure out how to best translate it into the Southern Hemisphere.

Unknown said...

I think that sounds like a lovely idea. You might even need to share the recipe with me 'cause it sounds SO good! :)

Not Afraid to Use It said...

That cakepan is awesome! Maybe a recipe for zucchini muffin? Because acorn shaped zucchini muffins would be hella cute and very autumnal.

Irrational Dad said...

ugh... wife decided she wants to host Thanksgiving this year. As long as she leaves me out of it, I'll be ok with it.

Jodi said...

Love that cake pan - soooo cute!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I actually think my mother in law is a little excited to see if she can pull off Thanksgiving without an oven. She's got lots of crockpot recipes, a grill, one plug in burner, and one turkey deepfryer! lol I keep telling her that if she pulls it off, I'm contacting Rachel Ray!

Happy Thanksgiving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails