10.01.2012

making things...

...always makes me feel amazing. Typically I make things for a scrapbook or a small gift or something small for around the house or even something to wear. A few weeks ago I made something BIGGER, something completely practical, something involving a drill and two by fours! A potting bench!


No, its nothing fancy. In fact, the majority of the construction utilizes old fence boards from our fallen (and replaced) fence.  Building this bench was VERY simple. There were no plans, just an idea, a few simple measurements and an hour. Its not like we have a HUGE yard. We have a teensy yard actually. BUT, this simple bench wrangles the few things I have for our little yard/garden and it gives husband a surface to put things when he's grilling. 

I am super stoked on this boring bench because of its organization appeal and the simple fact that I MADE THAT! bare hands! very cool. that AND i ACTUALLY FINISHED a project, in one setting. start to finish... RArr.

Now, if only I could get a few more things done...

sunshine&bunnies,
holly*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails