4.01.2011

heart pains and joys

Its hard to feel all party time right now despite how much i do love the new lines from Pink Paislee. This morning I got the call from my grandmother than my step dad passed away this morning after a relatively short battle with pancreatic cancer. Its not a complete shock that this is the outcome, BUT we just thought we had more time. while i feel loosing Sheldon hurts and i do wish i had the chance to know him better, i feel incredibly bad for my mother and his family. his children. my mom cant seem to catch a break in living a happy life. every time she gets on the right path, life happens in big and bad ways. she has been amazingly strong through the past month of knowing what the inevitable would be. now she has the struggle of getting back to normal. life goes on even when we wish it wouldnt...

since i had these planned to post today no matter, i have a couple layouts i did using the new Soiree Collection from Pink Paislee's House of Three. the bold colors really lift me up even when things are down. and i cant begin to tell you how much i adore the new goodies from prima. the perfect vivid colors to match this line and tons of the other releases out there!




if you get a chance to day, make a few phone calls and give a few extra hugs today. just to let people know you care.
<3, holly*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss. Great layout. Love the way you used that collecting. Thanks for sharing...big hugs! N

Elisa K said...

So sorry for your loss... I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Your layout is great. I love all the colors and odds and ends on it.

thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family, especially your mom. I'm glad you were able to post your layout today and still find some joy in the bright colors! I love them too!

Anita Scroggins said...

So sorry to hear of your loss! My Dad passes away from Pancreatic cancer 4 years ago. We didn't seem to have enough time with him after his diagnosis either :(

Thank you for hopping by my blog and for your sweet comment you left. Your LO is wonderful - love the colors on it. Hope your weekend gets better than it started.
Anita

scrappymo! said...

Sorry for your loss. Lost FIL and my Dad in the last 9 months or so.

Hope your Mom will be OK.

On a happier note, your layout is gorgeous!

Monique Liedtke said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your step dad Holly! I really hope you and your mom will be able to cope!

Your layout is gorgeous btw!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails